Monday 5 January 2015

UPDATE from Mike Bull

When I wrote a short message a few days ago about the latest developments relating to solar panels on  the countryside and on agricultural land,  I mentioned that I had also written to the Planning Officer Thea Billeter and had asked if she had picked up any information about whether the applicants in respect of the Great Curham Farm application are showing any inclination to appeal the recent refusal of planning permission.  I also then promised that if I heard anything I would pass that on to you.

I have heard back from Thea today.  She confirms that she has heard NOTHING but also confirms what we know - that the applicants do have until the end of February to lodge an appeal if they wish to do so.

She agrees with me that the whole attitude in Government has changed in relation to solar panels on  the countryside and on agricultural land,  and she has commented that this is currently demonstrated by the large number of appeals that are being dismissed in recent months.

Given this major shift in the climate relating to this type of development I feel very confident that there will NOT be any appeal. However only time will tell, of course!

Best wishes to you all,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment