Monday 5 January 2015

Happy New Year from Mike and Gill Bull

Hello to everyone in Ash Thomas who sees this.  I do hope that you all had a good Christmas. I wish a very HAPPY NEW YEAR to all friends in the village and the local community.

Gill and I have had a really good Christmas and, while we will always miss being among you there where we will always feel at home in Ash Thomas, we have got well settled here in Glossop and are very happy here among our family. We spent Christmas with all of them and all the grandchildren That makes us very lucky.

I do remain "on the case" about Great Curham and the solar panels aspirations of Martin Fisher and the developers / applicants. I always will be watching that and will continue to support all the many objections. I did write to the Planning Officer some months ago to ask if she had picked up any information about any likely appeal.  I got no response so I suspect that they have not heard anything. However I am dropping her another line now and will let you know if I get a response to this latest enquiry.

In the meantime I suspect that many will have seen the very recent article published in the Daily Torygraph (sorry, Telegraph) on 28 December 2014. I have scanned the article and attach a copy. Many apologies for having had to cut and stick it to get it all on one page. That does not make it easy to read but if you print a copy it is far easier because you can simply turn the page through 90 degrees when required!

This article sounds even more like a death knell for any large applications but even more certainly in respect of a proposal affecting 50 acres of Grade 1 land.  I would put their chances of success at appeal no greater than about 5 per cent.  They would be foolish in my view to even speculate and risk wasting the large professional fees that would be involved in filing an appeal!

HAPPY TIMES!

Very best wishes to all and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Mike and Gill Bull

No comments:

Post a Comment